About the Conference
On the 20th and 21st April 2023, Info House Slovenia in cooperation with Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia will organize the International Conference 9th Days of privacy and Data Protection.
The red thread of this year’s, already the 9th Privacy Days international conference, will be new legislation in the field of privacy law and information protection, with ZVOP-2 at the forefront.
We will talk about what will or has already changed and how ZVOP-2 complements established practice. We will focus on specifics that are new and require different approaches than we have known and practiced until now. We will openly express our doubts, admit what we do not yet know. We will share experiences and good practices that are also applicable with the amendment of the legislation brought by ZVOP-2. We have five years of experience with GDPR and we don’t forget the period before that either. This time brought many good practices, but also some bad ones. But we can learn a lot from all of them.
New technologies, new risks, new dangers and new opportunities. We are full of challenges and that is why we are thinking about solutions and looking for ways to realize the goals of our organizations with all due care for the privacy of the individual.
The conference will be traditionally practical and focused on sharing the experiences of our lecturers. At the same time, we also invite all participants to ask questions that arise at the conference and present the challenges you are facing. This is what the conference is also intended for: in addition to presenting (good) practices in the field of personal data protection, we help solve the challenges you face in your work and give you relevant information that you will be able to implement in your organization.
Who is the Conference Intended For?
- data protection officers,
- privacy professionals from the region,
- company representatives in the region,
- managers and experts in the field of digital solutions,
- leading lawyers and informatics of public administration,
- leading lawyers and informatics from the world of media,
- leading lawyers in larger companies,
- Marketing manager.
PRICE: 450 EUR + DDV
- 50% discount for members of the DPO Club (koda DPO20)
- 20% discount for early registration. Valid for applications until 20.3.2023
- 10% discount for 2 or more participants
* Discounts are cumulative, only the discount for DPO club members is excluded.
Director of the Info House and program manager
Mojca Kunšek, M.A.
Director of the Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Public Legal Records and Related Services
Pirc Musar & Partners Law Firm
Gordana Ristin, M.A.
High Court in Ljubljana
Director of the Marketing Association of Slovenia
Zavarovalnica Sava insurance company
Katherine Evans, PhD
International Research Centre in Artificial Intelligence
technical director of the Info House
Rosana Lemut Strle, M.A.
Lawyer Rosana Lemut Strle, M.A.
Katarina Ogorevc Breznik
Dun & Bradstreet
THE PROGRAMME IS UNDER PREPARATION
Challenges in performing the DPO function
1. Aleš Senica, NLBDilemmas of legal foundations in the banking sector
2. Sandra Pjanić, Dun & BradstreetDPO experience in a global company that processes data from business entities
12.00 - 13.30
Privacy Protection and Indemnification
1. Boštjan Trstenjak, Pro-IntegraProtecting whistleblower data
2. Ines Rostohar, Pirc Musar & Partners Law FirmPayment of compensation due to violation of privacy and protection of personal data
3. Gordana Ristin, The Higher Court in LjubljanaUse of the mediation process and techniques in (pre)procedures